Server and Storage Engineer - Y9V985
Created Wed, 5 Jan 2022
must be able to setup server, storage and virtualization
- The IT Server, Storage & Backup Engineer installs, configures, tests, manages, monitors, supports, and troubleshoots all server, storage & backup components in Data Center, disaster recovery site and other remote locations.
- Ensure work meets customers’specifications and is compliant with quality standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science related discipline.
§ Server & Storage Infrastructure Technology
§ Virtual Infrastructure Technology (e.g: VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM)
§ Microsoft Server and other Server, Storage or Backup certification will be an added advantage.
§ Virtualization technology such as VMWare will be an added advantage.
4. Work Experience
§ 3 years supporting server, storage, and backup systems.
- Build, Configure, Install, Monitor and Support the Physical and Virtual Server Environment, including various platforms and vendors
- Configure, Manage and Monitor highly scalable Physical and Virtual Storage Environment, including multiple SAN’s, NAS’s and other storage devices.
- Configure, Manage and Monitor Data Backup Environment, including off-site Disaster Recovery, Tape Libraries, and File Recovery utilizing multiple vendor solutions.
- Install, Configure, Test and Update Server Operating Systems and related server-class software and monitoring systems
- Creates and Updates Documentation and Diagrams for the Server, Storage & Backup Environments.
Additional Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Result oriented & customer focused.
- Mature, self-motivated, proactive, aggressive, and independent.
- Required to speak fluently and write English and Malay.
- Candidate should have own transport; possess valid driving license and passport
- Applicant should be Malaysian citizen or hold relevant residence status.
- Good understanding of server, storage, backup and virtualization technology.