Regional Cost Control Manager - LRYV747R
Kuala Lumpur , Kuala Lumpur
Created Wed, 25 May 2022
To work closely with and assist the Director and GM Commercial to review & optimise all cost and process aspects of the business.
As a key member of the Shipping division, work closely and in unison with all other members of the Shipping team to ensure the companies overall cost structure is minimised without negatively effecting service levels to customers and company processes are at industry best practice levels.
- Review and gain an in-depth understanding of MCSL’s cost structure including Agency Tariffs and agreements, Depot, Container, Port, Stevedoring, and Feeder Contracts relating to cost management.
- Lead and manage the review of all cost-related contracts in conjunction with relevant functional departments in order to negotiate the best possible price structures for the line. To be done for all contracts upon commencement of this position, and then at contract renewal for all contracts thereafter.
- In conjunction with functional departments review and ascertain which service contracts should be negotiated directly between the line and service providers (that are currently negotiated by our agents on the lines’ behalf) and renegotiate terms with those service providers accordingly.
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures. Provide trends and forecasts to management and recommend actions where appropriate.
- Review and monitor cost expenditure information for all Agencies for input to the new liner cost control and reporting system on a continual basis and ensure that all information received is accurate, timely, and correctly input.
- Producing regular cost reports and advising management of any forecast cost overruns as soon as possible to allow corrective actions to be taken in a timely manner. Suggest any areas of improvement to management.
- Improve the financial status of the Company by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses/recommendations to management;
- Take on project manager role in the setting up and implementation of the newly purchased systems - Quantum and Coda.
- Train and mentor finance staff taking over previous responsibilities.
- Perform agency audits and report findings/recommendations to management.
- Assist management with any project review work as required
- Assist management with any business development work as required
- Any other tasks as required
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB:
Minimum 3 years experience in Finance / Shipping / Logistics – preferably from a finance perspective.