Project Manager - Delivery Manager - QW35W9R9
Kuala Lumpur , Kuala Lumpur
Created Wed, 25 May 2022
Department : Group Managed Markets
Reports : Director of Service Management
Job Grade: Manager / Senior Manager
Geographical Responsibilities : Global
To lead the project team to successfully deliver the agreed deliverables within the tolerances of scope, time, cost and quality, accounting for both risks and benefits accrued. The project output(s), in turn, must be capable of achieving the intended business outcome(s) and benefit(s)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Creates – and where appropriate, obtains relevant approvals – and manages in accordance to change governance, project products as under
- Takes overall responsibility for, and manages the delivery of project products, undertaking corrective action(s) where and when required
- Establishes the procedures relevant to the project – such as risk management, exception management, project monitoring and control, configuration management, and others
- Escalates deviations from agreed project tolerances to the Project Board o Authorises commencement of work – internally and externally – within agreed project authority and tolerances
- Performs the Team Manager and Project Support role unless advised otherwise
- Implements and /or ensures compliance to change management strategies as required for the project, including strategies for quality, configuration management, communication etc.
Project Communications Management
Creates and maintains the Project Stakeholder Management Strategy and Plan
Leads project communications with internal and external project stakeholders
Leads (and facilitates, where required) interactions with the Project Board and /or its members, as well as other key stakeholder groups
- Communicates the procedures relevant to the project – such as risk management, exception management, project monitoring and control, configuration management, and others – to project team and other interested stakeholder(s), e.g. vendors
- Manages the information flows between the directing and delivering levels of the project
Portfolio and /or Programme Coordination
- Provides inputs when required in managing strategic risks, assumptions, and issues at the Portfolio and /or Programme Management level
Extends other form of support as required and within means, such as in facilitating benefits realisation etc.
Financial and Non-Financial Measures:
- Meet Project Financials (Scope, Time & Cost)
- Meet audit and compliance requirements. No Critical / High / Medium audit findings.
Knowledge sharing and skill development; and promote excellent work culture among associates.
Internal communication include communication within GMM BUs, Group Office & Shared Services Partners.
Communication with Local / International IT vendors & Partners
Minimum Job Requirements:
Bachelor Degree (S1) Degree in Technical/Information System/Other related educations
Minimum 10 years’ experience in IT with at least 4 years in IT Project Management
Certifications/licenses (are an advantage):
- Project Management certification (e.g. PMI, PRINCE2, Agile)
- Business certification (e.g. FLMI from LOMA)
- Proven Software Development Life Cycle (Waterfall, Agile), PMO/Project Management experience and knowledge of project management
- Understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes
- Understanding of SDLC & project delivery and acceptance processes within a fast-paced business environment
- Experience on IT Operations and ITSM, ITIL
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups & senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness
Fluent Written and Verbal communication in English & Mandarin