NPI Project Manager - LRYV3VVR
Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Created Wed, 25 May 2022
Salary range : RM 6,500 – RM 10,000
Preferred race : Chinese / Malay / Indian
Gender : Male / Female
Location : Penang Science Park
Years of experience : At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
This position is managing the project only with the title of “Project Manager”.
Engineer background candidates with the project lead experience is acceptable.
The NPI Project Manager is responsible for leading new product introduction cross-functional teams through the Product Development Process (PDP) in support of new product development and transition into full production. This includes developing program goals that supports the business and functional objectives by formulating strategies and execution plan to meet those goals. Responsibilities include setting and fulfilling definitive requirements, priorities, and deliverables by interfacing with internal resources (Test Development, Process Engineering, Drafting, Materials and Operations) and geographically dispersed Product Development sites.
- Lead cross functional organizations essential to integrated NPI (Planning, Test, Process Engineering, Drafting and Operations) in defining specific deliverables based on a milestone driven Product Development Process (PDP).
- Task oriented project management coordinating priorities, resources, budget, and task development and implementation. Technical expertise resides within each of the specific NPO groups and Functional Managers.
- Report program status and potential areas of concern to NPI organization, Program Team, and Factory.
- Define and coordinate ECO implementation priorities.
- Define, coordinate, and achieve NPI prototype build plans and pre-release quality assurance activities.
- Proactively request deliverables from Design Centers for optimal product-process design, prototyping and release to full production. Assure completeness and quality of deliverables by contributing groups to achieve NPI objectives.
- Manage major risks and issues through effective contingency plans and proper escalation.
- Work with product development core team and factory to optimize time-to-market while achieving quality goals.
- Create a work environment in which ownership resides with the contributors of the team. NPI Asst Manager is responsible for coordination and assimilation of the individual contributors to the integrated NPI activities, independent of organization reporting.
- Primarily works in an engineering environment which may be noisy and fast-paced. Because of the nature of the product being produced, high voltage and current conditions exist, and appropriate precautions must be observed.
- Works in a high urgency environment under very limited supervision.
- Also works in a standard office environment and uses general office equipment and must also be able to navigate through the production and engineering environment, following the processes and procedures dictated in manufacturing and engineering.
- Overtime may be necessary in times of increased demand.
- May require international travel (~20%).
In order to be successful within this role and reap the benefits that come with it is essential that the right candidate has to be equipped with the following skills & experience:
- Excellent leadership skills, a team builder that empowers individuals.
- Self-motivated, proactive, exhibits an enthusiastic, confident, and positive attitude. Encourages teamwork, willing to consult the opinion of others and negotiate consensus where necessary and maintains professional demeanour at all times.
- With excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to co-ordinate with other functional departments.
- Strong organizational and project management skills required that achieves high standards of accuracy, with an eye for detail
- Strong analytical and technical knowledge in leading problem-solving efforts and judgement - ability to assess options and implications to identify a solution.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities to meet tight deadlines and work to targets.
- Capable to respond quickly, decisively, assertively, and professionally to changing requirements in demand.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (including Project and Visio), Word, Excel(Marco), PowerPoint and SAP.
- Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing, 6 sigma, statistical analysis. Green Belt certification desired.
- Minimum of 5-7 years related experience in project management or new product development, in Operations or Manufacturing environments.
- Experience in high mix/low volume, pull-based manufacturing environment.
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously is desired.
- BS in Business Administration, Project Management, Operation Management, or closely related field or relevant education.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience and education.