Full Stack / Backend Developer - W335W3W
Kuala Lumpur , Kuala Lumpur
Created Wed, 25 May 2022
Salary : Up to RM12,000
Work type : Full time
Interview date : Immediate
Working hours : 5 days a week
Position : 2
**To act as a member of the software engineering team responsible for our backend systems, databases, internal APIs, Elasticsearch implementation, and other systems. To deliver software and systems improvements, new features, and new products on time and matching our coding standards.**
- Development of high-quality backend applications
- Expand and improve the functionality of existing components and libraries
- Monitoring and operation of production systems
- Maintain and improve databases
- Provide estimates of work to be completed
- Advise on technical solutions already available in the market or through open-source projects
- Communication about application logic to other teams
- Presentation of key learnings and expertise to others in the company
- Continually improve code quality and standards
- Write automated tests for our new applications and systems
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related subject.
Nice to have
- Basic proficiency in Python
- A keen eye for UI/UX, with a foundational understanding of web best-practices.
- Experience in containerized environment and deployment techniques (Docker / Kubernetes)
- Excellent understanding of core backend technologies (PHP and Laravel )
- Experienced working with large databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL preferable)
- Good working exposure with REST APIs and object-oriented concepts
- Experienced working with APIs and third-party integrations
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, re-usable code.
- Understanding of infrastructure, application architecture and deployment processes
- Experience in cloud environments such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Familiar with GitHub, JIRA, and Slack
- Familiar with LNMP development environment
- Be able to speak, read, and type in English.
- Experience with Python, Ansible, and/or vagrant.
- Strongly organized, able to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Be passionate about learning new things and sharing them with teammates.
- Work in or be flexible to work in an agile and fast paced environment